Composite Liners for Spill Containment Applications
in the OIL & PETROLEUM industry
No one wants to experience any kind of breach or spill that would allow oil to reach navigable waters, adjoining shorelines or contaminate the surrounding environment but sometimes accidents happen.
To comply with the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) regulations, facility managers have come to rely on ESI’s geosynthetic liner systems for bulk storage tank lining and secondary containment purposes.
ESI’s provides facility operators with tear, abrasion resistant and cathodic protective systems to stay in compliance with 40 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Subpart 112.
ESI has extensive experience in providing design support, supplying materials, and installing geosynthetic liners specifically for spill containment purposes.
Industry Associations & Resources:
- National Institute for Storage Tank Management: Industry organization that provides educational opportunities, resources and training seminars about the operation, regulation, and management of Underground and Aboveground storage tank systems.
- International Liquid Terminals Association: The leading advocate and primary resource for the international liquid terminal industry.
- Spill Control Association of America: Association that actively promote the interests of contractors, manufacturers, distributors, consultants, instructors, government & training institutions and corporations working in the spill response community.
- American Petroleum Institute: National trade association representing all aspects of America’s oil and natural gas industry.
- Independent Petroleum Association of America (IPAA): An industry association for 9,000 independent oil and natural gas producers in the United States, operating in 33 states and who on average employ 12 people.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) information and guidance on oil spills prevention and preparedness regulations.