Geosynthetic Composite Lining Systems
for solution containment & reclamation in the MINING industry
Geosynthetic liner systems play an important role in the mining industry for the containment of liquids used during the mining process. Primarily, geosynthetic liner systems are used in this industry to contain and prevent liquids from entering the groundwater.
Typical applications include:
- Process solution ponds liner systems
- Heap leach facility liner systems
- Tailings impoundment liner systems
- Ground stabilization
- Erosion control
- Remediation of mine tailings
ESI has been providing materials and installations services to this industry since our inception.
In addition, ESI also provides and installs HDPE pipe systems used for liquid collection and transportation at mining facilities. The benefits of HDPE include superior long-term performance, longevity and chemical resistance.
ESI’s expertly trained, safety-conscious installation crews have installed millions of linear feet of HDPE pipe systems on thousands of projects around the world. ESI’s project managers have years of experience and industry-leading safety training, so you know the job will be done on budget and on time — the first time.
Industry Associations & References:
- Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration: A professional society representing all professionals serving the minerals industry in more than 100 countries.
- National Mining Association: A national trade organization representing the interests of mining.
- American Exploration & Mining Association: A national association representing the hardrock mining industry with members residing in 42 U.S. states, 6 Canadian provinces or territories, and 9 other countries.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on mining
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency regulations involving wastewater discharges from mine drainage, mineral processing operations and stormwater runoff (40 CFR Part 436).