Estimator - Full Time – US
ESI has an immediate opening for a mid- level to senior- level Estimator to work out of our Baton Rouge, Louisiana construction office.
ESI is a leading installer of geosynthetic containment lining systems and HDPE piping systems used in the power, solid waste, hazardous waste, petrochemical, oil/gas, mining and the aqua/aquiculture sectors. With nearly 400 employees located throughout the United States, you will be an integral member of the industry’s largest geosynthetic liner installation company.
ESI provides excellent opportunities for skill development with long-term career advancement and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Review and understand project documents including civil construction drawings, specifications, addendums, general contractual documents, health and safety protocols etc.
- Perform accurate and precise material quantity takeoffs, utilizing AutoCad, for geosynthetic & HDPE piping systems
- Complete geosynthetic and HDPE piping bid estimates utilizing in-house Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet estimating system.
- Complete professional bid proposals utilizing in-house Microsoft Word proposal formats.
- Communicate with and request pricing from various material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Review and analyze vendor and subcontractor pricing for incorporation into ESI’s estimates.
- Professionally Communicate with engineer’s, general contractors and owners to facilitate ESI’s estimates/proposals.
- Work closely with Estimating Manager, Project Managers and sales team throughout the bid process and initial project development phase.
- Utilizing AutoCad, be able to create geosynthetic panel layout drawings, develop liner detail drawings and basic shop drawings as part of project development.
- Assist Project Managers with submittals on projects.
- Utilizing AutoCad, be able to create geosynthetic as-built panel layouts for project closeout.
- Attend pre-bid and pre-construction meetings as part of estimating and project development
- Maintain and build client relationships
- Assist with strategic planning of company growth
- Minor travel in support of estimating, project development, skills development and attending trade shows.
- High School diploma or GED
- College degree or technical school degree in Construction Management, Industrial Technology, technical drafting, Civil Engineering or related field/work experience
- Minimum 5 years work experience in Civil Construction related field or geosynthetics field.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and constantly work with deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to work on projects with minimal guidance as job assignments are provided by the Estimating Manager
- Ability to Professionally communicate with design engineers and customers as part of estimating and project development
- Knowledge and working experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, Auto-Cad Release 14 or higher, Adobe
ESI offers the following benefits:
- Health Insurance (Medical & Dental)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time
- Competitive Pay (Salary Depending on Experience)
- Paid on the job training