Geosynthetic Composite Lining Systems
for solution containment & reclamation in the MINING industry
Geosynthetic liner systems play an important role in the mining industry for the containment of liquids used during the mining process. Primarily, geosynthetic liner systems are used in this industry to contain mine leachates and prevent them from entering the groundwater.
Typical applications include:
- Process solution & evaporation ponds liner systems
- Heap leach pad liner systems
- Tailings impoundment liner systems
- Ground stabilization
- Erosion control
- Remediation of mine tailings
ESI is a leading provider of geosynthetic materials and installation services to this industry. ESI also provides and installs HDPE pipe systems used for liquid collection and transportation to this industry as well.
A stellar safety record and scale that provides a wealth of MSHA qualified and experienced labor are essential to successfully perform in this industry. With the industry’s most experience and largest force of field technicians in the industry, ESI has the capabilities to exceed the needs of the industry.
Industry Associations & References:
- Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration: A professional society representing all professionals serving the minerals industry in more than 100 countries.
- National Mining Association: A national trade organization representing the interests of mining.
- American Exploration & Mining Association: A national association representing the hardrock mining industry with members residing in 42 U.S. states, 6 Canadian provinces or territories, and 9 other countries.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on mining
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency regulations involving wastewater discharges from mine drainage, mineral processing operations and stormwater runoff (40 CFR Part 436).